Be a Supporter!

Main News Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 57 Fans

439 audio Reviews with Responses

Forever Forest Theme Forever Forest Theme

Of all your other tracks, I'd say this is my 2nd favorite.

Well done, and well composed, but it still feels a little hollow. As if it's lacking some instruments to fill the mid range. That's just a personal preference, so take it as you will.

As before, and all your other tracks, the drummer is superb, diverse and fluid as always.

Good stuff for a first track posting! Look forward to more of your stuff in the future!

ClockworkNick responds:

Thanks again mate!
Yeah it does feel hollow at that mid range space, it has no guitars duh! :PP
Kidding, but yeah that mid range could definitely use some guitars in the future for some warmth in there.
See ya around!

Sleeper 3 Sleeper 3

Here I was judging you by your review. Surprise! You're quite talented. I'd swear that you used real drums. Those sound fantastic, very lifelike. In a personal preference though, I feel as if you put the drums in the front of the music, and didn't leave much room for the guitars to shine through. However, take that as you will, as I am a guitarist, so I like the guitars to be more present :P

The composition is pretty good, changes it up quite a bit, but keeps the general idea of the song. Plenty of movement, and diversity in the drum work.

Keep at it man! Branch out though, don't use this as your only branch to get music out there. Use soundcloud, reverbnation, bandcamp, etc. If you can, get a band together! Plenty of people would love to jam out to something like this at a concert!

Look forward to checking out another track!

ClockworkNick responds:

Hey mate! Thank you so very much for taking the time to review my tracks, really appreciated. Sorry for the bad vibe of my original review on your track TallTale. I just believe that having a right attitude helps you out in general more than being distant. However it's even better when people turn out to be different than what you thought and surprise you in a good way, which you did heh. So thanks.

For the track now, well i started out as a drummer in my early years and i have a deep love for them and grooves in general so when i put a track together i make sure i give them some extra love in terms of what they do in the composition. Yeah you are right, mixing wise they are indeed more prominent in the mix and that's something i have to work on and being a guitarist now myself i kinda HAVE to do it to do my self a favor as well heh.. and yes in general i like to mix together different styles and genres to keep things fresh in my mind, hence the many changes.
Well i'm trying to get out there man, i got soundcloud, this and maybe promote something when i can on reddit. Thanks for suggesting that, i'll make sure to check out the other sites you mentioned as well!
As for the band thing...ah man..can't really seem to have a breakthrough in that area. I had my closest friends who are all musicians but it didn't work out, and where i live everyone seems to be into either Iron Maiden, thrash metal or Greek folk music..sooo yeah, might take some more time for that :P
Thanks again for taking the time :D

Essence of Life Essence of Life

Like stated before, in the beginning they are a bit drowned out. Your vocals and your low end clash too much, but that's an easy fix if you were just to eq the vox a bit. Also, invest in some good headphones, it'll help you, and everything will sound awesome. You can get some good sennheiser headphones online (amazon,ebay) for 20$.

My gosh though, what the hell did you do with Clay? This is fucking incredible. This is so beyond anything you've made in the past. This is INCREDIBLE. Your progress is something that makes me happy to have known you when you started! Your skill and composure with this piece is phenomenal!

I'm having a 3rd listen-through now. This is seriously awesome. I can't believe how in love with this piece I am. Your build-ups are immaculate! The choices of synths are spectacular, and your use of counter-melodies is brilliant. This deserves so much more recognition that it has. Well done! Very well done!

Fav, 5'd! Moaaarrr plzz.

carl565 responds:

I'm responding to this with a giant smile on my face while knowing that I have to leave to work in the next 5 minutes... fuck... anyways though, haha, I am so glad that the song appealed to you that much. Honestly, this song only took 3 and a half hours of work time, as far as FL Studio tells me... could be more or less. I've been doing a lot of experimenting with EQing, but really don't see the point in going to far into it without the proper headphones.

I got to the final touches of creating the song and figured that I'd find some sort of a speech to be put in and in my opinion, I found a VERY fitting line of vocals for this. I'm loving this song as well, and that is so fucking rare. I usually hate all of my music but instead, I've been replaying this over and over again.

I really do know what you mean by the constructiveness of the song. It really is so different that my older songs. I feel like this song actually carries a story along with it, progressing just like a book all the way until the end. All of my older songs never really had a feeling like that.

Thanks for the review, it's always great to hear your opinion of my songs.

Closure-Metaljonus Closure-Metaljonus

I agree with Badmaninc, this really shows a lot of emotion. The overwhelming feeling is somewhat dark, albeit that comes with a minor key. This really stands out from the rest of your work. It really shows what you feel. (Gay, I know.)

My gosh. They are some seriously heavy riffs throughout this though! I am in complete love with your ending though. The whole entire song could be composed with that tone, and I would be completely okay with it.

Fantastic stuff! \m/

Metaljonus responds:

Thanks dude! I worked REALLY hard and took my time with this one. I'm proud of this one! And I don't say that about a lot of my work lol. Thanks for the review and listen! :D

Voice Demo 2014 Voice Demo 2014

Hahahahaha, this is incredible! Seriously, your voice is spectacular! Very versatile! I can definitely picture you hosting a dj talk show!

SirUndead responds:

Only if they let me play your fucking rad music, dude.

Minuter Minuter

Whao man! This is killer! Seriously incredible! I only have one quarrel, and it just feels like this is lacking some low-end. Are you using a synth here? The guitars sound a bit off, only in the higher parts.

Crazy stuff man!

dlxrevolution responds:

Yeah, I use sytrus.

Thanks for the comment : DD

Integrity Integrity

I didn't think the intro was very lacking at all. I'd be perfectly content with listening to a whole piece of simply piano. I'm the odd one out on newgrounds though :P

Excellent work good sir!

carl565 responds:

It's awesome to see one of your reviews again. I'd be perfectly fine with a giant piano progressive song but I'm not really good and creating a changing melody that still sounds good after the first couple bars... But I'm definitely in agreement with you on that one, haha. Glad you enjoyed the song and as always, thanks for the review!

Very Mellow. I love the piano, it's gorgeous. The transition around :30, is a little awkward. The beginning and the next part just don't seem to fit together. I very much like what you had in the beginning. You should keep that flowing.

I will post one with just the start up part I hope you will enjoy that one

Cerebral Delirium Cerebral Delirium

Wow. This is extremely impressive! I'm surprised to find such a quality piece on newgrounds! Your leads, and solos, are mouth-watering sexy goodness.

Twistedsanta responds:

Wow, thank you so much, man! Haha that means a ton to me. I appreciate the kind words and I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. Keep it brutal \m/

Dawn of the Djent Dawn of the Djent

Hell yeah it's on. Almost finished already. >:D

I can do this all day babaaay!

fire118 responds: